A couple responses to Friday's penny post:
FROM MINNESOTA FRIEND SARAH:
Pennies manufactured after 1983 are no longer made of copper but Zinc. And they're toxic to animals when swallowed. It "steals" iron away from red blood cells causing a type of anemia as well as liver damage.
~Sarah Gee, that's good. Pennies are already useless; why not make them poisonous, too?
FROM LA FRIEND MOLLY:
If you put one penny in a 10% savings account then in 30 years you'll have $17... just read it in a finance textbook.
-Molly But who wants to wait that long for a gumball? (That's probably how much a gumball will cost by then, considering inflation). I say just eat the gumball now, and you'll still be digesting it in 30 years.
ALSO FROM MOLLY:
...And if you put a button in a 10% interest savings account, you'll have a button after 30 years.
-M But a very hip, retro button.
Got a comment? Email me! (I'm too lazy to put up one of those auto-comment features... at least for now).